Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Birthdays, Pumpkins, and Eggs Oh My!

This is a long blog, please hang on til the finale it will blow your mind dude!
Happy Birthday ! Kate turned three at 12:12p.m. on Oct, 29 2007Kate and Cake.
What's more magical than Cinderella, Ariel, Bell and Aurora. Aurora is Sleeping Beauty for those of you that don't know. Kate taught me that. I didn't know she had a name.
Some of the party animals.
Kate opening and playing with her presents. I counted all toys including accessories and there are 792 pieces, equating to 42 mins of clean up by dad every two hours, taking 1.3 years of relaxation out of his life. Thanks everyone. Special thanks to Matell and Disney. Oh and 8,500 beads. Thanks Droubays.
At least Kate got a shopping cart to throw everything in. You think I'm kidding when I say 792, there are 83 items in this picture alone. Forget the express check out.

And what is Dad's reward, I slap in the face, literally, by the birthday girl, and then some kicks to the gut as I carry her to timeout.

Pumpkin Carving
In your faces Julie and PJ. Who are the Champs now. Nicole did the star face. Stacey did the Rooster and I did the other two. Don't tell me that doesn't look like the Mona Lisa foo! Oh, and for the record there were absolutely no templates involved. That is just pure artistry.
Better luck next year. Domination!


What you are about to see next is going to blow your mind. Scroll down slowly. These pictures are from Nicole.


Yes, that is a twin yolk. Very rare and very special. The person who cracks a twin egg is rewarded with 17 years of indescribable bounty, plenty, and riches. Hopefully Nic doesn't leave me, and I can hang on for the ride of my life. Eat your heart out Willy Wonka we just found our golden ticket. After the seventeen years if up, you just coast through retirement on a plush annuity plan.

20 comments:

PJ and Julie said...

not too shabby, but when did mona lisa grow a mustache? how come chris didn't do a pumpkin...or maybe he did the mona lisa and you are taking credit for it since he doesn't have a blog.

and remember you said you would buy us all new cars when you made your millions

Holland said...

Chris wasn't there. He was working. Hope you like Audi Q7s

Heather said...

That is so fun. I love the flash back slide show. GOOD IDEA :)

Lori & Rj said...

Happy Birthday Kate!

Sommer said...

Are you sure that is Mona Lisa, looks more like Jesus sitting on your front porch!

Stacey Sargent said...

i was cracking up through that whole thing. The best is the twin yokes. Nicole was literally so pumped about that. and yes my rooster pumpkin rocked. our free-hand artistry is marvelous.
PJ and Julie....the wolf pumpkin was in honor of Chris because he couldn't make it there. His friends call him wolf...so hence the idea that i gave to Dave

Holland said...

Ya I am pumped about my twin egg yolks, you are just jealous that you haven't had that happen to you stacey. So there! And next year my pumpkin will rock your lame rooster so watch out.
nic

Mike Jones said...

Chris' friends call him wolf?? What? Thats so weird, cuz all my friends call me The Black Panther Executioner! We have so much in common! Wish we could've been there, I'd pay 100,000$ to move back to Utah right now.
All I have to say is you guys had better start making ginger bread house plans early, cuz ours is rockin the house downtown this year!!

Haskins said...

Are you kidding me dave? Did you really carve those pumpkins they are amazing. You dont want to see ours then!! Cute pictures! Yeah for Kate for turning three!!

Heather said...

Ok I went to that website and I can not find the one you want for sure. I think it is the Elizabeth in Tan. Go to storksak.com and make sure it is. If you do want one I just ordered one so let me know :)

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wow! those are some impressive pumpkins...!!

Tina said...

Those pumpkins are amazing! I'm glad I don't have to judge them this year. You girls are so beautiful...including you Nicole. I think the twin yokes means that you will have twins nest time. Beware!

JaNae said...

Looks like lots of fun! Sophie is getting so big!! She looks super squigie (that is a word I made up to describe the squishie and huggieness of niels) She is a doll oh I want to squeeze her.
Nic, where did your bearfoot dream blanket tear- mine just did too the binding pulled off. I think I might write the company.
Dave, the pumpkins look great, i knew it was mona lisa but now that sommer pointed out Jesus....

Aim said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Cute costumes, and Sophie is a beautiful baby. We haven't seen you guys forever, lets get together soon. We also have a blog, its a work in progress, but we're learning. Oh and by the way, Tom may be able to take you on the pumpkin carving, his pumpkin was pretty rocking this year, he carved a skeleton face. Talk soon!
Aimee Ritchie

Anonymous said...

I want the new Lexus! I've tagged both you and nicole.

Anonymous said...

We wish that we could have been there to show you up with the pumpkin carving and costumes. Find us something to do in Utah so we can freakin move back!

Heather said...

TAG your it. Haha!! I just tagged you on my blog. :)

neuroticmom said...

Good times this last week. Glad we could be there on Kate's birthday, Halloween and Jake's birthday.

Jeff said...

Dave, you pansy. We got those beads for you.