Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Kate's Baby Sis


Here she is. She arrived at 9:22 a. m. on Sept 18th. She weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 18 inches long.

Here are the first pictures right after her birth. Nicole made it look easy. We got to the birth center at seven thirty and had her a 9:22. The midwife and nurse were seriously impressed at how well Nicole handled the laboring and birth. She was so tough. Even Nicole was shocked when she was ready to push, and the midwife said a baby would be here in few minutes. Nicole was ready to leave at one and we were home by about two. I didn't have an excuse to go back into work (Subway) for a few minutes. "It's not a race Nicole. You won. Is that what you want to hear."

I'm a family man now. Alway was a ladies man. Hopefully she doesn't get dad's lazy eye.

The girls, Nic's parents, and Becky Nic's midwife.

Baby sister weighed in 1lbs 3oz bigger than her older sister did. Sorry not too many pictures with eyes open.
Kate getting restless. She was so tired, but really cute with the baby. She was a little shocked at the beginning, and couldn't believe that a real baby came from mom's stomach. I couldn't believe it either and I've seen it happen once before.

So does she look like a Hailey or Sophie or something else? Kate says Hailey.

Hailey Rae Holland or Sophie Nicole Holland

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...how cute! I cant decide on the name. I think she looks like kate. I would say Hailey Rae.

Tina said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to see her in person. She looks like she has the round pudgy baby Holland face. Good job Nicole. I vote Hailey Rae.

PJ and Julie said...

I am soo baby hungry! she is beautiful. hailey rae...you can't confuse kate by changing the name

Stacey Sargent said...

i made an account just so i could leave a comment. oh i love her so much already. You know I love the name hailey rae, but she kind of looks like a sophie nicole, so I think i'm going with that one even thought i would love to have her named after me. ahhh i can't wait to see her. Im coming on Thursday okay?!

once upon a poppy said...

congrats you guys! she is so stinkin cute! nicole your amazing having it natural. My babies come that fast too but there is no way I could do it without drugs!

neuroticmom said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that she is finally here! She looks so cute! We'll come up and see her when I feel up to it. I want Hailey Rae.

oldemail said...

She is beautiful! Congrats. I've been checking the blog everyday for these photos. I can't decide which name I like better - I love them both. Nicole, you're a hot mama! :)

Kelie said...

What a cutie! She is perfect! Congratulations, we can't wait to see her!
my vote: i guess i'm no help because i love both names!

RobO said...

Hailey Rae is a cutie.

Unknown said...

congrats nicole!!
it's caroline (was lebras) i saw your link on brookes blog. always excited to find fellow bloggas.

congrats on the new baby! i saw your mom a couple of weeks ago and she told me you were expecting baby #2.

your daughters are darling! the older one looks exactly like you.

hope to keep in touch!
our blog is:
http://thedrakefam.blogspot.com

hope you don't mind if i add you to my fav blogs.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

she is so cute! i love her little round face. congrats cuz! hope youre doing good

Sommer said...

Congratulations! It is unreal that you went home so soon after. Your baby is darling. I am a big fan of Sophie Nicole.

Lori & Rj said...

Congrats guys. She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

awe...I loook at your page everytime that I get on just to see her again. She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Put up more pictures!

JaNae said...

These pictures do not do her justice! She is so beautiful! Nic you are hardcore! I'm still loving Bella Rae Holland.

mother2midwife said...

Congrats, Nic! What a beauty, SoPHie NiCoLe is! (subliminal message)

You go, strong woman! Loving the water? Yeah, I know you think your older sis is cool! You're welcome... ;)

Tara said...

Hey Nicole. Congratulations. She is beautiful. Kate is adorable. I can't believe she is that big already. I am guessing you have names her by now so you'll have to let us know.

FJ Johnson said...

How Adorable. You two make the cutest babies.

JaNae said...

okay since dave isn't partial to bella i change my vote to Claire Nicole or Clara Rae

Tara said...

wwwtroyandtara.blogspot.com
There is no . after the www

Anonymous said...

21 comments! I'm lucky to get 3. Maybe my posts need to be more exciting. Now would you put up current picutres of my new little niece since I can't be there to see her in person.